July 23, 2021

I'm Back!

After several years away I have decided to start reviewing books again. Some of you who have been here previously will notice a few changes, mostly in the looks/colours of this blog, as I want to freshen it up a bit and also simplify it. It just felt a bit too busy with all its pages and links. You may also notice that some pages that were once available are now gone. The pages for the 'Reading Group Guides', the 'Fun Extras', and 'Giveaways' have been removed, mostly because these pages linked to other websites that no longer offer the content I had linked to. Almost all the reading guides and the extra downloads, like bookmarks and colouring pages, had been taken down from the webpages I linked to or the actual websites for these no longer existed.

There will also be a bit of a change in book genres I review, not that my taste has changed a great deal over the past few years, but like many people at the moment, I can not afford to be purchasing a bunch of new books to review. So I will be 'shopping my shelves' so to speak as I review many of my older books that I just never found the time to get to before. Hopefully there will be the odd newer title in amongst the older more classic books I own. But I guess we shall see. 

Along with the book reviews, I will occasionally be reviewing Tarot and Oracle decks. Over the past couple of years my interest in Tarot and Oracle has grown, so reviews for these will be included here but also on my Practicing Magic blog where I can explore these decks in more detail.

Reviews won't be as often as they were previously, once a week is a bit much for me now with everything else going on, but I hope to post reviews a couple of times a month. Though I'm sure there will be some months where it is more and some months where it is less. I think previously I was reviewing books so often that it was no longer a fun and enjoyable experience but it instead became a bit of a chore. I was constantly worrying about the books I needed to read or should be reading and felt overwhelmed by the pressure I was placing on myself to get every book read and reviewed. Now, after such a long break, I am ready to start reviewing again for the pleasure of reading and sharing my reviews without placing pressure on myself to read every book.

So, it is nice to be back and I hope you enjoy my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment