June 22, 2009

Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book

Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book
by Brian Froud and Terry Jones

Books, Books, Books and Fairies!


My sister first gave it to me some years ago now for my birthday, and it was my first encounter with Brian Froud.

I fell instantly in love with this book. It's beautifully illustrated with a cute and whimsical story based loosely on the Cottingley Fairies. If you know nothing about the Cottingley Fairies I suggest you look it up to find out, if only for interests sake as it is not necessary for enjoying this book. In this story a little girl named Angelica Cottington has the ability to see fairies, and loves nothing more then to spend her days, squashing them between the pages of her books. It's a wonderful book for anyone in love with fairies or fairy art, and would make a wonderful gift or special treat for yourself.

click the fairy to see it being squashed

I’ve had for many years now and have loved since it was given to me. Since this book I have purchased many other Brian Froud illustrated books, but this one is still one of my favourites, if only for sentimental reasons ;)

 
On sale: 13 October 1994
ISBN: 9781857933369
Recommended age: 18+
In a word: Fairy
Re-read it: yes, and have done so many times
Recommend: yes
Star rating: five out of five
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment